Below you’ll find a selection of other organisations supporting parents, families and health professionals. We hope you’ll find it useful.
We also recommend the Perinatal Positivity film (Originally made in English, it has now been translated into Arabic, Urdu, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese.)
Hearts & Minds
This is partnership between Bluebell and two other perinatal mental health charities: Acacia Family Support in the midlands and Smile Group in the northwest. Parents and health professionals can find local perinatal mental health services by using Hearts & Minds’ interactive map.
- Visit the Hearts & Minds website at heartsandmindspartnership.org
Free, confidential support, friendship and practical help to parents in Bristol and South Gloucestershire who are going through a challenging time.
- Visit the Home Start website at homestartbristol.org.uk
- Or call 0117 950 1170
The LGBT Mummies Tribe
This organisation aims to ‘educate, share and celebrate’ LGBT+ women and people on the path to motherhood or parenthood
- Visit the The LGBT Mummies Tribe website at www.thelgbtmummiestribe.com
Mothers for Mothers
Supporting families affected by perinatal mental illness across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
- Visit the Mothers for Mothers website at mothersformothers.co.uk
- Or call 0117 935 9366
Operates specialist domestic abuse services for women and children in Bristol.
- Visit the Next Link website at nextlinkhousing.co.uk
- Or call 0800 4700 280
A Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic led community-based charity in Bristol supporting mental health and wellbeing with culturally appropriate and responsive social care support and talking therapies
- Visit the Nilaari website at www.nilaari.co.uk
- Or call 0117 952 5742
Free, confidential and individual-focused holistic support to displaced people throughout pregnancy, labour and childbirth, and those first few weeks of parenthood.
- Visit the Project MAMA website at www.projectmama.org
- Or call 0117 941 5320
Confidential emotional support for anyone in need of a safe space to talk over problems, stress or anything that's worrying them.
- Visit the Samaritans website at www.samaritans.org/branches/bristol
- Or call 116 123
The Willow Tree Centre
Free, confidential and impartial support for anyone experiencing unintended pregnancy, pregnancy loss or difficulties following an abortion.
- Visit the The Willow Tree Centre website at www.thewillowtreecentre.org.uk
- Or call 07760 830525