Early Years Crèche Worker – Role description
Bluebell is seeking to fill an early years’ crèche worker role (L2 +). The post-holder would work for 15 hours per week, supporting the early years lead along with one other early-years’ team member.
Hours will be between 10-3pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary £18,000 pro-rata for 15 hours across the week, for 42 weeks of the year.
Driving licence essential for travel between different locations.
Bluebell is a registered charity that has been providing support for parents experiencing anxiety and depression related to pregnancy and birth, since 2010. As part of this provision, Bluebell delivers a therapeutic group programme, Mums’ Comfort Zone, in partnership with 8 Children’s Centres across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. These programmes run 3 times a year, during school term time. The group programme is available to mums with children under 2 years of age, experiencing anxiety and low mood i.e. perinatal mental illness. A really important part of the support we offer, is to give parents ‘time out’, by caring for their little ones in a sensory environment with our trained early years team, while they take part in our groups.
Bluebell Crèche worker/ Role and Responsibilities
- To act as part of a team providing crèche support for parents attending Bluebell’s Mums’ Comfort Zone, 12 week course in different locations across BNSSG during term time only.
- To cover drop-in sessions at Bluebell Place, 2 Quay Street, BS1 2JL.
- To be comfortable with and have experience of, looking after babies of up to 2 years old.
- To help create an inviting and sensory environment for infants.
- To have an understanding of, or an interest in learning more about, infant and perinatal mental health.
- To behave in a sensitive and appropriate manner towards the parents using the creche for their infants.
- To take an infant led approach to play.
- To have experience of or interest in, working therapeutically with infants.
To register interest in these roles please call 0117 922 0746 or email Jess@bluebellcare.org